Chalkie White has been performing since he was a young boy. With his family heritage coloured with a musical background, music was a major focus in the lives of his entire family, so it was a given that Chalkie would follow in the family tradition into the music business.
The lure of the Gympie Muster Talent Search enticed him to have ‘one last crack at the major award’ and in 2001 he won! The Gympie win catapulted him to the CMAA College of Country Music (from which he graduated with flying colours) and a performance on the Main Stage at Gympie Muster 2002, plus an opporunity to compete at the Norfolk Island Country Music Trans Tasman Entertainer of the Year awards. Following the headiness of that win, Chalkie was a Grand-finalist in Tamworth Country Music Festival’s Starmaker 2002 competition. Fast Forward to 2012 and Chalkie has had a re-awakening.
His focus is strong and he has multiple projects to enable him to present a variety of different formats all featuring his unique talent and style. Recently married and with a Debut album in 2012 Chalkie is poised for success.
Chalkies earlier years found him singing alongside his parents at family functions and parties, where he developed his passion for entertaining and playing live music.
Once Chalkie was of legal age, his career started to take shape with his experience in many different bands, duos and solo appearances where his training ground was “on the road” and his tutors were fellow musicians of all ages and backgrounds. His bandmates over the years reads like a ‘Who’s Who’ of the music industry.
Talent Quests and Country Music Festivals were Chalkie’s specialty and he has awards from all areas of the east coast of Australia to his merit.
In 1999, Chalkie decided to take a break from playing live music and moved to Boyne Island in Queensland to work, However the lure of the Gympie Muster Talent Search enticed him to have ‘one last crack at the major award’ and to Chalkie’s surprise – in 2001 he won!
This then led to Chalkie’s return to the stage and a return also to the South Coast of New South Wales where his roots were. The Gympie win catapulted hims to the CMAA College of Country Music and a performance on the Main Stage at Gympie Muster 2002, plus an opportunity to compete at the Norfolk Island Country Music Trans Tasman Entertainer of the Year awards. Following the headiness of that win, Chalkie was a Grand-finalist in Tamworth Country Music Festival’s Starmaker 2002 competition.
Chalkie remains a unique talent – although it formed his early career, Chalkie is not strictly Country … his ability to entertain all ages and all musical tastes knows no bounds. Chalkie has matured to become one of the South Coast’s most popular entertainers. His voice strengthens with this maturity and his guitar prowess continues to surprise.
- Oh No Not You Again – James Rayne
- You May Be Right – Billy Joel
- House Of The Rising Sun – Animals
- Is She Really Goin Out With Him – Joe Jackson
- Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy – Big And Rich
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
- Get Back – Beatles
- Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong – Copperhead Road – Steve Earle
- The Joker, Take The Money And Run – Steve Miller Band
- Proud Mary, Midnight Special, Have You Ever Seen The Rain – CCR Stuck In The Middle – Steelers Wheel
- I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues, Rocket Man, Daniel, Crocodile Rock, Sad Songs – Elton John
- Are You Old Enough, April Sun – Dragon
- Take It Easy, Tequila Sunrise, Lyin Eyes, Peaceful Easy Feeling – The Eagles
- Forever Now, Flame Trees – Cold Chisel
- Mrs Robinson – Simon & Garfunkel
- Bust A Move – MC Hammer
- Free Falling, Hurt So Good, I Won’t Back Down – Tom Petty
- Losing My Religion – REM
- Somebody Like You, Jeans On – Keith Urban
- Blister In The Sun – Violent Femmes
- Tip Of My Tongue, Cryin Shame – Diesel
- I Only Wanna Be With You, Let Her Cry – Hootie And The Blowfish
- Piano Man, You May Be Right – Billy Joel
- Roll Over Beethoven – Beatles
- Walkin The Dog – Rufus Thomas
- No Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong – Spin Doctors
- Copperhead Road – Steve Earle
- The Joker, Take The Money And Run – Steve Miller
- Band Proud Mary, Midnight Special, Have You Ever Seen The Rain – CCR
- Stuck In The Middle – Steelers Wheel
- I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues – Elton John
- 3am – Matchbox 20 Wonderwall – Oasis Still In Love
- April Sun In Cuba – Dragon
- Easy – The Eagles
- To Her Door – Paul Kelly
- Forever Now, Flame Trees – Cold Chisel
- Golden Hair – America
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Eagle Rock – Daddy Cool
For a booking enquiry please email
phone (02) 4443 3422 or fax (02) 4443 9968